Amazing Sour Dough Bread
Now, we are in one of the most jolly times of the year for the holiday season.
So, grab your seat and hold on for the ride.
Then, you see the magical secrets of how to make sourdough bread.
What makes sourdough bread different from others is that, it’s more digestible than regular bread.
This allows the bread to break down easily and can prevent bloating and other digestive problems.
So, enough of me talking.
Finally, let’s get to the recipe.
- Get your sourdough starter at least 12 hours in advance. So, you can prepare early and have amazing sour dough bread. I’d also advise you to get a jar and fill it with 10 g starter, 25g of flour and 25g of water.
- Next, you have to mix the dough and autolyse. Essentially, autolyse is the gentle mixing of water and bread in the recipe. Then, you add all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and use a spatula or your hands to work the ingredients until you see a shaggy like mass form. Next, cover the bowl and rest the dough for at least 1 hour.
- After, you do step 2, you stretch and fold. Perform 2-3 sets of stretch and fold on the dough.
- Now, you have to do a bulk fermentation. You cover the bowl and let the dough ferment for about 7-10 hours and make sure its on your kitchen counter. Preferably in a 65-70 degree area in your home.
- Then, this step is called “Shape and second rise”. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and shape the dough into a tight ball. Cover the dough into parchment paper, seam-side down. Place the dough along the parchment paper into a bowl and cover. You need to let the dough rise for an hour.
- At least 30 mins before you’re about to bake, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes, uncover and bake and additional 25-30 minutes. Let the bread cool down before slicing and enjoy.